MSD Terms & Conditions
Mountain Sports Distribution is the exclusive distributor of Highmark by Snowpulse and Mountain Lab products within North America, and the Canadian distributor of 509 and Seven, TOBE, Fox Shocks, Skinz Protective Gear, DSG, CFR, Mammut Avalanche Safety Gear, FLY Racing, Highway 21 and Mountain Sledder Magazine. The following terms and conditions must be agreed upon in order to be a dealer of any of these brands. These conditions have been developed to ensure that all dealers make a profit from selling these products. Failure to comply with the terms and conditions detailed below may result in the loss of dealership privileges.
- Dealers are responsible for all freight charges unless otherwise stated or negotiated.
- Unless it is requested by the customer, MSD orders will ship without insurance. Shipments that have left MSD’s warehouse are no longer the responsibility of MSD. If you would like your shipments to have insurance coverage, please indicate it when placing your order.
- If a retailer intends to ship a Highmark or Mammut full canister to a customer, they must go through proper training and ship the package as dangerous goods. The package must contain all of the proper labeling, and the shipping agency must be informed that they are shipping a dangerous good. This is to protect you as a retailer, should an incident occur. If you wish to ship a full canister, please contact us for specific instructions.
- Shipping fees will be charged on the invoice. Fees apply to ship collect.
- A dealer can ship an order to a different address, directly to their client.
- Dropship fees apply to ship to any other address other than the dealership.
- A $4.99 fee (on top of regular shipping costs) will be applied to all dropship orders. That fee is waived for dealers that have made a booking over $20 000.*
- Shipping costs are the best rate available at the time of shipping; the 15$ shipping flat rate does not apply to dropship orders.
- NO returns will be accepted on dropship orders other than defective items.
- Please write DROPSHIP in the memo section of your order so MSD can take the appropriate measure to have it out of the warehouse in a timely matter.
- *Policy as of February, 2021
- Mountain Sports Distribution will ship booking orders within two weeks of the requested ship date.
- In-season orders will be a 48-hour turnaround.
- Backorders will ship automatically unless canceled in writing.
- Fees apply to any order that is requested to be prioritized.
- Mountain Sports Distribution warehouses will always shop for the lowest cost carrier method. A packing slip will be included with the shipment and invoices will be emailed to the dealers including tracking numbers.
- Any discrepancies must be reported within 7 days of receiving the product.
- Net-30 Terms will be applied on all In-Season orders for dealers with approved credit.
- Customers currently on pre-pay terms (credit card) will be required to apply and be approved for credit in order to qualify for pre-season payment terms.
- Dealers on pre-pay terms will be notified by e-mail prior to their booking order shipment.
- Invoices past due date will incur a 3% Late Fee. An additional 3% will be applied for every month the bill goes unpaid.
- Invoices past due date forfeit all discounts and free shipping. Applicable shipping charges will be added to your invoice.
- Errant accounts will be placed back on credit card terms. We reserve the right not to ship any orders for accounts with outstanding balances.
- MSD accepts cheque, on-line payment or credit card (Visa or MasterCard). Credit card payments are not available for dealers on terms.
- Prior to approval for credit terms, the standard policy is 100% prepayment prior to any shipments of orders.
- We encourage dealers to pay directly, using online banking (search for Mountain Sports Distribution as a payee with all major banks). You will need to know your Customer Number to make a payment. If you don’t know your customer number contact us. A member of our team would be happy to provide it to you.
- Net-30 Terms will be applied on all In-Season orders for dealers with approved credit.
GENERAL PRE-SEASON TERMS
Discounts and terms will be forfeited for pre-season orders with revisions or cancellations exceeding 15% of the total order.
- Dealer must be up-to-date on accounts in order to qualify for any booking offer or in-season discounts.
- In order to submit a pre-season booking, MSD must have a current Dealer Application and Credit Card on file.
- All pre-season orders will ship within 2 weeks of set PO date.
- MSD is happy to provide free banners to dealers. Please note that we do not provide banners for brands that you do not carry. MSD reserves the right to limit the number of logo banners on your order. Additional banners and POP material are available for purchase.
- If you would like a custom sized banner (i.e. for a fence or building top), we will happily work with you to have one created. Please contact us regarding this. Please note that standard shipping rates will apply to POP materials.
RISK-FREE TRIAL POLICY
- We’re confident in the brands we sell! So confident in fact, we’ll take on the risk of you trying something new! If you are a new dealer with us and are bringing in Highmark by Snowpulse or 509 for a first go, you are welcome to send back, before January 31, a maximum of $5000 of Highmark products and $5000 in 509 helmets and goggles. We’ll credit your account for the full value! Dealer covers the shipping costs and the unsold product must be returned in sellable condition, without labels.
- 509, Highmark by Snowpulse, Seven, Mountain Sledder Gear & Mountain Lab. These claims are processed directly by MSD. Please visit the Dealer Warranty Page. Fill out the form with as much information as possible and MSD will respond with an RA number to address the issue and process the warranty claim
- Skinz, Cheetah Factory Racing, Diva’s Snow Gear, Tobe, Alpyne Apparel, Fox & Mammut. These claims are processed by the manufacturer. Please contact the individual manufacturer directly to process your warranty claim. If you require contact information, MSD will provide it to you.
MAP – OFFICIAL POLICY AND GUIDELINES
- Mountain Sports Distribution reserves the right, in its unilateral discretion, to take action with respect to any reseller that violates this MAP Policy. The MAP Policy will be enforced by Mountain Sports Distribution in its sole discretion.
- All products listed will have an MSRP retail price. Listing a price other than the MSRP retail price next to the in any advertising will be viewed as a violation of this MAP Policy. This MAP Policy applies to all advertisement of MAP Products in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines catalogues, mail order catalogues, internet or similar electronic media including websites, forums, email newsletters, email solicitations, television, radio, and public signage.
- The MSRP of all Winter Product must be adhered to until March 1st of each calendar year, after which time all product not carrying forward to the next winter may be discounted up to 30%.
- A complete SKU list of products NOT carrying to the following winter will be provided prior to February 15th.
- September 1st all non-current inventory from the previous winter season is released from MAP.
- An exception to the above is during Black Friday Week (Monday leading up to Black Friday through Cyber Monday) during which the following rules apply:
- Mountain Lab/Barocook – 20% Maximum Discount
- Highmark/Mammut/Krankem/Skinz/CFR – 15% Discount
- FOX – 10%
- 509/TOBE – Black Friday product ONLY can be discounted 20% during that time. Black Friday specific 509 and TOBE product can remain at 20% off through the remainder of season. The remainder of 509 and TOBE product must remain at full MSRP.
- A further exception is Boxing Day Week (the calendar week starting Boxing day) during which the dealer may discount to a maximum of 15% off all brands with the exception of Black Friday product which can remain at a 20% discount.
- MSD may advise of other exceptions to MAP Policy with ample warning to dealers.
- Any product which is non-current and being advertised at a discount must include the word “non-current” or “discontinued” in the advertising.
- During Consumer Trade Shows, MSD may provide special pricing to all dealers. This pricing will be consistent for all dealers. It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise in general that the reseller has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP Policy.
- Dealers must inform the distributor if they wish to sell online or in a different shop from the one listed above.