MSD is committed to making the process of Inventory Management easy for Dealers. We are committed to providing you with the tools you need to make adding new products easy, syncing to live inventory possible and keeping the process simple.
Below you’ll find a list of resources available to you. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, just let us know and we’ll work to make it available.
Updated: October 18, 2021
Please find below a link to our ATS Report. This will be updated daily (M-F) at 8 a.m. There is currently not a password to access the data.
Your server/site can crawl this report daily to receive a current ATS of all products.
Notes on columns:
- Column E (STANDARD_UNIT_PRICE) – This is Wholesale/Dealer (your price).
- Column F (CUSTOM_PRICE_1) – This is Retail (MSRP).
- Column G (CUSTOM_PRICE_12) – This is Wholesale/Dealer Closeout (your discounted price if applicable)
- For the USA Report: Column I is the ATS
e-COMMERCE: Syncing Inventory
Live inventory synching to your website (including product listings) is available for Shopify, Wix, BigCommerce & WooCommerce websites via Stock-Sync. You can sign up for your account here. In order to use this API, you’ll need to add the Stock Sync app to your site.
You’ll be using an API provided by MSD to sync from our Shopify Store to your e-commerce site. You can sync product listings as well as inventory levels.
Please use the following API (Live Token) for your connection:
- Mountain Lab Products: aMyrXuXX47fCrM5oVviZvka6
- Highmark & Mammut Products: z6K8kmqwgihrPeTMawMxYVtm
- YouTube Video: Getting Started (be sure to select “Shopify” as the template you’re mapping from)
- Written Instructions: Getting Started (be sure to select “Shopify” as the template you’re mapping from)
- Written Instructions: Shopify 2 Shopify connection
- YouTube Video: How to Map the Fields (i.e. link your “colour” column to ours or “inventory” field to ours):
- YouTube Video: Using Advanced Settings with Stock Sync | Manage how the products are updated in your store
e-COMMERCE: Adding Product
Instructions for adding MSD’s product CSVs to your Shopify Store are below. Please scroll down further to learn about syncing inventory levels. The following upload instructions will put MSD products (including Retail, Wholesale, Photos, Product Descriptions and SEO Descriptions) right onto your Shopify site
- Download your desired Product CSV from MSD’s Dealer Data. Please contact us if you need the password for the Dealer Data.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.
- Click Import.
- Click Choose File in the Import products by CSV file window.
- Locate your CSV file, then click Open.
- Click Upload file.
Things to Consider:
- Our TAGS and TYPES may not line up with what your website has formatting. For instance, we classify things as “Jerseys” as a Type, but your website might classify them as “Motocross Jerseys.” Failure to adjust these will result in the products not appearing under the menu item you’re hoping for.
- Pricing and sale pricing can change after you do your upload or as product becomes non-current. Please watch for pricing updates.
Syncing Inventory Levels:
We use an app called Stock Sync that allows you to sync product levels and listings. Instructions for setting up your Shopify 2 Shopify Connection can be found here:
- Go to Setup New Feed > Choose:
- ‘add new product‘ (to add new products to your store)
- update existing products‘ (to update the inventory of products that have been added to your store)
- Search for Shopify store 2 store and click Create. You will see like the below screenshot:
- Please input the Public Token API.
- If there is any query want to add on, Please click on the Add Param to input it.
- Lastly, click Next to continue.
- Refer to this screenshot for the mapping guide for Quantity and Price (optional) updates. We have also attached a sample header if needed to map extra fields.
- Once you have done mapping the fields needed, click Next.
Note: Please do NOT change the settings that have been mapped. For example, changing Product SKU > SKU. This will result in the process not take place successfully.
Please refer to this link to learn more about this setting or you can just skip for the first time and Click Done.
Click on Start Process to begin synchronizing stocks.
Running a WooCommerce (WordPress) site? Here’s how to import our data to your site:
- Download the Shopify Product CSV from MSD’s Dealer Data Section (password msd123) that you’d like to upload.
- In your WordPress dashboard, navigate to WooCommerce → Products.
- Select Import at the top. There, you’ll find a built-in product CSV importer..
- Click Choose File and select the CSV file that you want to import. Click Continue.
- You’ll see the Column Mapping screen, where WooCommerce automatically attempts to match the column name of your Shopify CSV file to WooCommerce product fields. You may need to map some of these on your own; do so using the dropdown menus to the right of each row.
- Select Run the Importer and wait until the import process is finished.
Currently MSD does not provide CSVs for Magento uploads. In the meantime, we suggest you review this link to learn how to import the Shopify files we provide into your Magento system by mapping fields.
See the “Migrate from Shopify to Magento 2 via Data Files” section and selection Products as your entity. When mapping products, please consider the below:
|Handle||The unique identifier for the product. All products with this url effectively appear as the same product page|
|Title||The name of the product. (i.e. “509 Range Jacket”)|
|Body||Product Description (long).|
|Vendor||The name of the product’s vendor. (i.e. “TOBE”)|
|Type||Product Category (i.e. “Hats”)|
|Tags||A string of comma-separated tags that are used for filtering and search. (i.e. “gender_men’s)|
|Published||Whether the product is available to the online store. (i.e. “TRUE”)|
|Option1 Name||The custom product property name. (i.e. “Size” or “Colour”)|
|Option1 Value||The value of the custom product option. (i.e. “SM” or “Red”)|
|Option2 Name||The custom product property name. (i.e. “Size” or “Colour”)|
|Option2 Value||The value of the custom product option. (i.e. “SM” or “Red”)|
|Option3 Name||The custom product property name. (i.e. “Size” or “Colour”)|
|Option3 Value||The value of the custom product option. (i.e. “SM” or “Red”)|
|Variant Grams||weight (in grams)|
|Variant Inventory Qty||Amount in stock. A static value and likely not correct by the time you look at it! For more info, see the e-Commerce Inventory Page|
|Variant Inventory Cost||wholesale cost|
|Variant Price||Selling Price (re: could be the sale price if there is one)|
|Variant Compare At Price||MSRP/MAP|
|Image Attachment||Main image url (i.e. the one that shows on the collections page)|
|Image Src||Product image url|
|Variant Image||Product image url|