Instructions for adding MSD’s product CSVs to your Shopify Store. Please scroll down further to learn about syncing inventory levels. The following upload instructions will put MSD products (including Retail, Wholesale, Photos, Product Descriptions and SEO Descriptions) right onto your Shopify site
- Click Choose File in the Import products by CSV file window.
- Locate your CSV file, then click Open.
- Click Upload file.
Things to Consider:
- Our TAGS and TYPES may not line up with what your website has formatting. For instance, we classify things as “Jerseys” as a Type, but your website might classify them as “Motocross Jerseys.” Failure to adjust these will result in the products not appearing under the menu item you’re hoping for.
- Pricing and sale pricing can change after you do your upload or as product becomes non-current. Please watch for pricing updates.
Syncing Inventory Levels:
We use an app called Stock Sync that allows you to sync product levels and listings. Instructions for setting up your Shopify -> Shopify Connection can be found here:
- First you need to set up your LOCATIONS in your own Shopify Site. Please add the following:
- NRI EAST
- NRI WEST
- 802 9th St. N.
- Your own location (if you wish to ship from your own store/warehouse)
- After this, you can add the Stock Sync app and get started.
- Go to Setup New Feed > Choose:
- ‘add new product‘ (to add new products to your store)
- update existing products‘ (to update the inventory of products that have been added to your store)
- Search for “Shopify store (require Stock Sync app installed)” as your connection type.
- In the “Feed Info” field, input the Public Token API. Click NEXT.
- All of the “Field Mapping” can be left as is (unless you which to not have these fields sync). Click NEXT.
- Location: The 3 MSD locations will be there. Select whichever of your locations is set to Default Location in LOCATIONS as the default location.
- Click START PROCESS to start the initial sync.
- When this is done, turn on the SCHEDULE (same screen – where it says “TURN ON HERE”) and set it to update once per day (recommended) in the depths of the night.