Instructions for adding MSD’s product CSVs to your Shopify Store. Please scroll down further to learn about syncing inventory levels. The following upload instructions will put MSD products (including Retail, Wholesale, Photos, Product Descriptions and SEO Descriptions) right onto your Shopify site
- Download your desired Product CSV from MSD’s Dealer Data. Please contact us if you need the password for the Dealer Data.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.
- Click Import.
- Click Choose File in the Import products by CSV file window.
- Locate your CSV file, then click Open.
- Click Upload file.
Things to Consider:
- Our TAGS and TYPES may not line up with what your website has formatting. For instance, we classify things as “Jerseys” as a Type, but your website might classify them as “Motocross Jerseys.” Failure to adjust these will result in the products not appearing under the menu item you’re hoping for.
- Pricing and sale pricing can change after you do your upload or as product becomes non-current. Please watch for pricing updates.
Syncing Inventory Levels:
We use an app called Stock Sync that allows you to sync product levels and listings. Instructions for setting up your Shopify 2 Shopify Connection can be found here:
- Go to Setup New Feed > Choose:
- ‘add new product‘ (to add new products to your store)
- update existing products‘ (to update the inventory of products that have been added to your store)
- Search for Shopify store 2 store and click Create. You will see like the below screenshot:
- Please input the Public Token API.
- If there is any query want to add on, Please click on the Add Param to input it.
- Lastly, click Next to continue.
- Refer to this screenshot for the mapping guide for Quantity and Price (optional) updates. We have also attached a sample header if needed to map extra fields.
- Once you have done mapping the fields needed, click Next.
Note: Please do NOT change the settings that have been mapped. For example, changing Product SKU > SKU. This will result in the process not take place successfully.
Please refer to this link to learn more about this setting or you can just skip for the first time and Click Done.
Click on Start Process to begin synchronizing stocks.